background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Naming Ceremony

I am up to my armpits in plans for my beautiful Charlotte's naming day.

My Husband and I aren't really religious, so when it came to whether to have a Christening/Baptism we thought against it. We didn't get married in a church so we thought it would be a bit weird to have a Christening. So instead, we had a beautiful naming day for Isabella. So we are doing the same for baby Charlotte.


We have set the date (yayee) Easter Saturday. I have planned to have it over the Easter break so my Husbands family will be able to attend, as they all live interstate. It works out well so they can all travel up here and spend some extra time rather then rushing up for a night and then rushing back the following day. 


For Charlotte's naming day I have decided on a Rainbow theme.


I thought I would share with you some of my plans.


1. I have booked the most amazing photographer Rachel Richter - she does all our family photos.
2. I have booked 'our' celebrant, Clarah she is so lovely. She married us, she performed Bella's naming day ceremony. I am so excited that she will be doing Charlotte's. It's so special to us that she has shared such important parts of our lives.
3. I just need to decide on the location. We loved the park we had Bella's naming day in but the markets they had on at the same time made parking a bit difficult for our guests.
4. Deciding on Charlotte's mentors/godparents


That's the big stuff. Next on my list once venue is decide is invitations, decorations and other bits and pieces I am going to make.


Here is my inspiration board for the party...




Unfortunately, I can't give credit to where I found these pics as I have collected them since I knew I was having a little girl... yes way back then! If you own any of these images please let me know so I can give credit where its due or if you would like the images removed, I can do that also.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful Leesa.

I want to have a naming day for the kids too but just have never planned it. Can't wait to see photos from your day. x

Leesa said...

Thanks Lucy! It's never too late to have a naming day. You could do one big one? A big family celebration?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...