background

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hug

The stories that keep unfolding regarding the floods are so heartbreaking. I just want to give everyone a big hug. Seeing as I can do it in person I thought I would do it via my own special way.... A popular poem, you might know it.
       A hug!
It’s wondrous what a hug can do,
A hug can cheer you when you’re blue,
A hug can say, “I love you so,”
Or, “Oh, I hate to see you go.”

A hug is, “Welcome back again,”
And “Great to see you, where’ve you been?”
A hug can smooth a small child’s pain,
And bring a rainbow after rain.

The Hug! There’s just no doubt about it,
We scarcely could survive without it,
A hug delights and warms and charms,
It must be why God gave us arms.

Hugs are great for fathers, mothers,
Sweet for sisters, swell for brothers,
And chances are your favourite aunts
Love them more that potted plants!

Kittens crave them, puppies love them,
Heads of State are not above them.
A hug can break the language barrier
And make your travels so much merrier.

No need to fret about your store of ‘em,
The more you give the more there’s of ‘em,
So stretch those arms without delay
 And give someone a hug today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...