background

Monday, May 23, 2011

What I have left....


"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.
It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."
I was "unlucky" I got stretch marks when I was pregnant. Strangely enough I didn't with Charlotte, and I figured it was because my skin had already stretched and had them. 
 I just love love love this. Even though I don't really hate my Stretch marks this really makes me love my shiny little stretchies. I guess its really one thing (aside from my girls ... obviously) I have left to remind me of the time my little princesses were in my Belly. That I... ME created such beautiful little people. I AM AMAZING!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Perfect! Yes, I too got stretch marks - both pregnancies! Liam gave me stretch marks on my sides and hips (he was all forward) and Ashleigh gave me them around the belly button. I love that I can look at the marks (which are now silver and really, barely noticeable) and know which pregnancy they were from, and bring back all of those memories. They are the marks of a mother and they are nothing to be ashamed of - in fact, I am proud of mine because they do show that I worked hard to become a mother and cherish what my body was able to do - produce 2 gorgeous little miracles!

Lish said...

I got quite a lot of stretchmarks with both pregnancies - my stomach looks like a bit of a war zone! To be honest - I don't like them, but I'm sure I will get used to them at some stage. I'll try to view them in a more positive light from now on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...